Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Praying for Our New Home

I just wanted to share tonight our home group came over and prayed for our home. It was the most awesome thing. It truly blessed me and my family. At our last home, my mother-in-law and I prayed over my home because of a lot of issues. Let me tell you something was released when we prayed. The power of the Lord came and we never dealt with certain things again. I'm a firm believer in this now.
So, when we moved into this home I knew I wanted and needed prayer. I never thought about the previous owners leaving "stuff" behind, but the spirit world is something not to be messed with. I wanted to claim Jesus as Lord of our home. It was truly beautiful and a life changing event. They also prayed over Tim as head of the home, myself, and the girls. It was so uplifting and encouraging.
I pray if you haven't prayed over your home do it today. The power of the Lord is right here for us to use. If we have a relationship with Him it's already there for us to have all we have to do is ask. I learned tonight just go to every doorway, window, bed, tv, and computer and pray out loud "In Jesus' name I pray the power of the Lord over .....(the tv, this room) and may You keep the enemy away from anything and anyone in this home. Thank Lord for protecting me and my home." Then just ask the Lord is there anything specific to pray in that certain room. We serve a very powerful King and He wants to protect us.
I share this out of love and I pray it encourages you and your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment