Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Round One and a 75th Birthday Party

This was our first Thanksgiving in our new home. We were blessed to host my side of the family for dinner the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was so much fun getting everything ready and then getting to serve everyone. The Lord has blessed me beyond measure with such a gracious and wonderful family. We ended up putting two tables together so that we could have enough room for everyone. I loved it that we all ate together instead of spread out in different rooms. The sweet kids table. My cousin, Leslie, Savannah, Olivia, and Kynnedi.
The whole bunch we had for Thanksgiving 2009. We greatly missed my cousin Matt, who passed away last December. He was only 21 years old and had brain cancer. He's now home with our Lord and someday we're all be together again.



Savannah took this picture of Kynnedi and I thought it turned out so cute. Kynnedi was showing off her ring. I thought it was to funny.

Kynnedi took this picture of Savannah. This is such a great picture of her. Here is her normal smile, we all love and adore.


We also celebrated my grandmother's 75th Birthday that afternoon. We had a wonderful party for her to celebrate such a special day. I loved hosting everyone! Here's part of the table we put together for her party. The flowers turned out better then I could imagine. We put up old pictures around the house and decorated with all fall colors: golds, oranges, reds, and browns.

The beautiful birthday cake, my sweet sister Haley got for her party. WE loved it! She was able to get it at Cretia's in Duncanville. We're a huge fan of all their cakes. So yummy!


My sister, Haley, and Kynnedi during the birthday party. Haley was wonderful. She came over all weekend and helped me with whatever I needed done at that time. She was such a servant that she even helped clean my bathrooms with Kynnedi and Savannah. Thank you for all your help and encouragement. I love you Haley!!


My sweet grandparents. My grandmother who's birthday party it was didn't want to stand up by herself. I love my grandparents very much and I'm so blessed to have them in my family's life.
My wonderful husband, who didn't fuss once about us hosting all these events. He was a huge help and support. I love this picture of him. He's so handsome. I love you sweetheart!!


Last, but not least....the girls. They have such a great time together. I'm sorry for not having a lot of pictures of Ms. Olivia, but she was napping for most of the afternoon. This was just the beginning of our wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. There's so much more to come. Hope everyone had a blessed and encouraging Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for!!












No comments:

Post a Comment