Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Decorations at the Ward Home Part 2

"For He is good and worthy of all our praise!" I'm trying so hard to teach the girls the reason we celebrate Christmas. My heart is for them to know our Savior was born and loves us so much. I also want them to know it's far better to give then to receive. I truly hope you enjoyed seeing our decorations. It's not much, but something I really had fun doing. I feel so blessed to have a home to decorate and a family to do it with. This is our Christmas tree. I added a couple of new things this year. The girls and Tim did an amazing job.I added extra ribbon, a new angel, and some fun things as a topper. I think it's fun to add new things each year. In five years it's going to way cool!! ha ha

We started a tradition last year, making a gingerbread house. The girls love it so much and it's something fun Tim and them do together. It takes about an hour and it's a wonderful Daddy/Daughter tradition. They laugh and eat the whole time.

Some special stockings in our sitting room. Our second year married, we had no money to spend on any extra things. My husband was so sweet, these stockings were something I had seen in a special store, but were way to much. The day after Christmas he took me there just to get these half off. We truly didn't have the money for them, but he really wanted to bless me with them. It makes me cry just thinking about how thoughtful he was.....I'll always have these stockings.

I love reading other blogs and on Kelly's Korner she was showing her Christmas stuff. She had taken some everyday Christmas balls and tied them to her tree with fun ribbon. Well, I just had to try and I'm so excited with how it turned out. This is for our Christmas tree in the TV room.


Our Christmas tree in our TV room.

A snow village. Well, really not a village. ha ha Just a church and a bakery! I love these and hope one day to have tons more.










No comments:

Post a Comment